Business Expert & Sportsman, Outdoor Sporting Goods Industry
Jim is a great businessman. He understands business for multiple viewpoints and he is a very talented and resourceful sales and marketing person. Jim gets things done is real time with a candid demeanor and winning personality. Jim could do anything.- Mike Gladson, Regional Sales Manager, Sturm, Ruger and Company, Inc.
Provides excellent leadership and guidance for his staff and fellow employees. Maintains an "Open Door" policy and projects a positive demeanor on a daily basis. Very cognitive of company goals and works diligently to achieve/exceed same. Extremely sales and profit oriented. He will be a very solid addition to any company involved in distribution and sales of varied and sundry products.- Mike Evernham, Owner, Evernham-Anderson & Assoc., Inc.
Shooting Range Startup
Shooting ranges are one of the few businesses in the outdoor sports arena that show a healthy growing trend. This is not to mean they are an automatic success. As with any business, the decisions made during the startup are crucial to long term success. What it does mean that is there is an increasing demand in the marketplace, and I can help your shooting range startup to be successful.
Over the last 25 years, I have the developed the necessary expertise to make shooting ranges successful.
This is more than the document to convince your financial resources to invest or provide loans, it should truly be the plan for your success. It needs to be specific to shooting ranges and cover all areas of a shooting range startup – not just the items in a “normal” business. There are unique features to shooting ranges that must be addressed in order to have a thorough business plan.
I can develop or vet your Business Plan to be sure it is thorough, accurate, and provides you the platform for success.
You can focus my support on specific areas of the startup. This way I can provide expert help exactly where it is needed. Services can include:
- Site selection: Make the right decision quickly
- Demographic analysis: Right site, right customer base, right timing
- Licensing and permits: Very short work can be made of this process, when you know the ropes
- Construction: Affiliated with General Contractors who build ranges
- Air handling systems: Get the newest equipment, at the lowest possible price
- Competitor Analysis: Help in choosing target market properly
- Equipment selection: State of the art range systems are affordable
- Inventory selection: (if you are going to sell retail too) Focus on inventory exposure and profit margins
- Best “deals”: from the many that will be offered from suppliers
- Manufacturers and Wholesalers cooperative range programs: Investigate to get the best deals
- Operations setup: proven policies, procedures, and practices
- Security: protection for your assets, employees, and the public
- Promotions: getting the most out of your advertising dollar.
- Soft or Hard Opening: Planning the most effective Grand opening timing while putting money in the till as soon as possible, Get it Open!!
I can offer you the complete package from inception to opening day. Once your financing is in place (and note that my participation in your project may actually help you get the financing you need), I will take over as project manager for the complete project. This relieves you of the pressure and difficulties of managing a shooting range startup – a task that is not likely to be familiar to you, but one that I have the experience and expertise to manage excellently. I will bring your project in on time and within budget.
If you are considering or would like to talk about shooting ranges, I would welcome your call. Even if we just chat a bit about your ideas, I can likely offer you some pointers that will help you tremendously. There is never an obligation in these discussions.
If it turns out that we match well, and that I can be of assistance to you, then we can talk about a business arrangement. Until then, it is my pleasure to talk about shooting ranges and the outdoor sporting business. It has been my life, and I love it.
I look forward to hearing from you to discuss your business.
Phone: (937) 436-5202 (Eastern US Time Zone)