Hello and thanks for reading the information about me.
I am known in this industry as a straightforward business person, so I won’t waste your time with a lot of buzz words and market-speak. If you like what you read, then, I hope we can talk about your business goals.
For more than 25 years, I have worked with manufacturers, distributors, and retail businesses exclusively in the outdoor sports industry. I know this business inside and out, and I have seen it go through good times and bad. I know what it takes to do well and very well in this business. For example, I have experience in the follwing areas:
- Business planning – a keystone to success. As it is said "a good start is halfway done" and there is no substitute for experience. I have "been there done that" and know the pitfalls and opportunities in the business.
- Employee / Team acquisition and development – sales teams, key managers, and program directors; having the right personnel and sales programs in place and fully functioning will drive success, but the reverse can cause an otherwise healthy business to fail… while this is true in all business endeavors, my specific experience gives me the insights to what is needed in the outdoor sports business.
- Retailing – develop relationships with the manufacturers best suited for a given retail operation, location, and markets; create and implement the initial launch; improve existing operations; rescue failing businesses… all with the goal to stabilize the business for maximum profits.
- Manufacturing – assess the marketplace… identify the key elements for success for a given product mix… developing the best means to go to market (internal sales teams, external sales representatives, or distributors – get the right mix for the product mix and markets)… marketing plans to maximize revenues and the bottom line.
- Startups – the myriad of details, many of them crucial, that are needed for a solid business launch… from product mix, seasonality, and target markets… to marketing plans that are firmly focused on what is possible within a given market and budget (many business owners still think of sales as “build it and they will come”… but in my experience, sales don’t happen that way… you need a vibrant marketing plan that will drive sales to your business)… to managing success (meaning to get the most profit out of your revenues while keeping the business growing.)
- Existing operations – that may have stalled or perhaps have an unusual opportunity to address… analyze the existing situation… identify how to get the business back on track…. identify how to best realize a new opportunity.
You will find my efforts are very much focused and goal oriented. I don’t spend a lot of time, both yours or mine, on non-essential items. I have found in life that being direct is the most likely route to success.
My consulting style is very comfortable. I work within the parameters we set so that I complement your business skills. Initially, we just talk. No fees or obligations. Our expectations are just to get to know one another and determine if there is common ground on which I can help you. I enjoy sharing what I have learned in the outdoor sports business.
In these few words, I hope you have gotten a flavor of who I am, how I work, and if I might be able to help you. I welcome the opportunity to talk with you.
Phone: (937) 436-5202 (Eastern US Time Zone)